Search & Rescue Lincolnshire
Search & Rescue Lincolnshire is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors, supporters, volunteers, staff, and service users. We are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 in all aspects of our operations. This policy sets out how we collect, use, store, and disclose personal data and outlines the rights individuals have in relation to their data.
2. Collecting Personal Data
We may collect personal data directly from individuals or from third parties (such as fundraising platforms). The data we collect may include:
- Name, address, and contact information
- Financial information, such as bank account and payment card details
- Records of donations, fundraising activities, and volunteering
- Details of our services provided to service users
- Information provided in job or volunteer applications
We will only collect personal data that is necessary for our purposes and will always inform individuals of the reasons for collecting their data.
3. Using Personal Data
We may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to service users
- To process donations and manage fundraising activities
- To manage volunteers and staff
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To send marketing and fundraising communications where we have obtained consent to do so
We will never sell or share personal data with third parties for marketing purposes. We will only disclose personal data where we are legally required to do so, for example, to law enforcement agencies.
4. Storing and Protecting Personal Data
We will only store personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is stored securely and protected against unauthorized access, loss, or destruction.
5. Individual Rights
Individuals have the following rights in relation to their personal data:
- The right to be informed about how their data is being used
- The right to access their personal data
- The right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- The right to erasure (in certain circumstances)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing (in certain circumstances)
We will respond to all requests to exercise these rights within one month and will provide the requested information free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
6. Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our operations or in applicable laws and regulations. We will notify individuals of any significant changes to this policy.
7. Contact Information
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our data protection practices, please contact us at:
Search & Rescue Lincolnshire
Address: 54 West End Road, Frampton, Boston, Lincolnshire. PE20 1BT
Telephone: 07917 812022